Sunday, November 21, 2010

Inspiration.

I found this artist's work on a blog and I'm in love.

Alexandra Pacula paints these pieces that look like she is drunk, in a car, going 100 mph. Obviously not a safe idea, but it makes for great art.



 "My work investigates a world of visual intoxication; it captures moments of enchantment, which are associated with urban nightlife."






She is originally from Poland and now living in New York. She writes,"I am fascinated by the ambiance of the city at night and its seductive qualities. The breathtaking turbulence of speeding vehicles and hasty pedestrians evoke feelings of wonder and disorientation. The vibrant lights become a magical landscape with enticing opportunities and promises of fulfillment."


She even does Barscapes that are amazing.






I love the distorted image, the sense of light. It's just beautiful and inspiring and completely captures the feeling of night life in New York City.


I just love her work.






Cheers!





5 comments:

  1. Ohmigoodness! These are PAINTINGS??? Wow, I love them. They so look like photos taken with a really low shutter speed. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these. totally look like photographs. love your blog

    www.aniab.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lusting these!!! She's very talented! Now i'm a fan of hers, and of your blog! Now following you!

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! you won the oktak giveaway on my site! Can you please email me your mailing info to spotty_zebra@hotmail.com ? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete